Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day 15 - Presented with a Straight Jacket

Yes, you read that right. I came home from work today for my husband to present me with a "Straight Jacket". Lucky for me it was the model name of a pair of brand new Oakley Sunglasses that he bought for me to run in. LOL! (Although I still think I am crazy for doing this whole marathon training so either type of straight jacket at this point would probably have been in order!)

Anyhoo - I am always the one that buys the $10.00 glasses off the rack at Walgreens when I need sunglasses since I am constantly losing or breaking them. He said I needed a "good pair" of glasses so he surprised me with these today. Needless to say, they are not $10.00 glasses so I guess I need to sew them to my head so I don't lose them!

This was another "day of rest" as far as walking/running goes. Hopefully by tomorrow will be back up and running. So, since I could not run, figured I better take this evening to design cards for my upcoming card class I am giving on Saturday. Nothing like waiting until the last minute!!

Thanks for everyone's support by providing fundraising for this event. Hope I can get back on my feet and make everyone proud.

Update on dad - got word this afternoon that dad met with the surgeon and they have scheduled him for gall bladder removal surgery tomorrow afternoon so off to the hospital I will head after lunch tomorrow! Stay tuned......


Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment