Saturday, June 19, 2010

Another "Normal" Saturday Morning!


Day 32 of training and now I guess I can say this is my "Normal" Saturday morning routine: Up at 4:45 a.m., Run at 6:00 a.m. and then breakfast at Brueggers Bagels with the team! Two weeks in a row I have been up for this challenge and also managed to keep a smile on my face throughout the day with the family. Anyone that knows me, knows that I am NOT a morning person at all so for me to get up this early and not bite everyone's head off that I come in contact with is really something to brag about!
This week we did another 4 mile run, (4.4 miles to be exact). Was able to do this in just over 1 hour 10 minutes again for an approximate 17 minutes per mile pace. At least I have now slowed down! Still having some pain in my shins, but it is getting better. Out of the hour or so I was walking/running, this time I was able to get in a solid 30 minutes of running so I was pleased with myself. I did experience some foot numbness about halfway through but they loosened my laces and I was good to go. Tonight my hubby very affectionately told me my feet were "fat" today (swollen) which I guess is why my laces started strangling my feet halfway through my run.
As we do every Saturday morning, some of the team members headed over to Brueggers for bagels after our run which is always a good time and a good way for us slow runners to actually get to chat with the fast and longer distance runners since we really don't get to see much of them on the run route after about the first 30 seconds.
Once I got home from the run, I had a children's class scheduled for the kids to come over and make Father's Day cards and a gift for dad. The girls made a cute card with a little "King of the Grill" picture on the front and then made a bank that was filled with candy with a few cute sayings attached them. Such as the tootsie roll had a note that said "because you make me roll with laughter"; the Pay Day candy bar said "because you work so hard for us" and the M&Ms packages said "because I love you More & More each day". The kids enjoyed making them and I am sure the dads enjoyed eating all the candy - which I am sure the girls helped with that too! Although I love to teaching the classes, not sure I can keep up this pace of getting up bright and early, running, and then coming home to teach a class. Got to fit in a nap somewhere in there!
Then, Saturday night my cousin Joe was in town from California so we all met up at my mom's and had a nice visit chatting and catching up. By the time we chatted for a couple of hours, I was flat out exhausted and hit the road to head back home for a well deserved full night of sleep!
This running thing seems to be getting a LITTLE easier, but I still have a long ways to go to be able to complete the 13.1 mile journey in October. But, I will do it!
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment