Monday, May 31, 2010

Days 12 and 13 - Whose Idea Was This ?!?!

OK. After the last two days of "attempting" to train, all I can think is "Whose idea was this marathon training anyway?!?" I am not giving up, but I am getting frustrated. Usually I can do just about anything I put my mind to, but am having trouble this week.

Sunday morning, day 12 of training, and I - Tina the one who sleeps all day on Saturdays - sets her alarm for 6:45 to get up and run and I actually get up and moving before the alarm goes off! (Hubby was very proud of me and actually stunned I do believe.) Anyhoo, I got up, put my proper running gear on (are you aware you are not supposed to exercise in Cotton!?! - don't ask why - you just don't!), laced up my tennies, and against my better judgement, took Juliet (our golden retriever) out to try and walk/run 2 miles this morning. Needless to say, I circled the block one time and immediately threw Juliet back in the house. She had no "wanting" to get up early and run around the block. She thought it was stupid and continued to lay down on the pavement, try to run the opposite direction, etc. the entire time I was trying to make my way around the block. I am sure the neighbors didn't appreciate my yelling all the way around the block at 7:00 a.m. But I got her back home, and I didn't give up, I went right back out there.

Did you know lots of people are actually up and moving before 7:00 a.m. on a weekend for no apparent reason?!@! I was shocked! Anyhoo, my training did not do so well today. I did manage to finish 1.6 miles however the last .4 miles I was in severe pain. I noticed my right leg was actually twisting as I was attempting to run causing pain in my shin area and it seemed I had no control over the twisting action. So, with tears in my eyes, I managed to walk that last .4 miles and get to the couch where I remained for an hour. :( After an hour I felt fine. Managed the rest of my day of grocery shopping, laundry and regular ole Sunday stuff. After dinner tonight I even managed to walk with hubby for another 1.2 miles for a total of 2.8 miles today.

Monday, Day 13 of training actually fell on Memorial Day. I was not about to get up early on a Monday that I did not have to work so I slept in, and made up tremendously for yesterday's missing sleep. I won't say what time I finally rolled out of bed, but let's just suffice it to say that the sun was already up high and the temperature was almost at his peak high for the day. Needless to say, I was not about to attempt to run at this point. So, I tried to clean house today, etc. Then, got the call that dad was having some chest pain and was at the emergency room. Went over there to figure out what was going on and luckily it was not actually his chest, but pains caused from some gall stones. They gave him some pain meds and sent him on his way. He has to return to a surgeon later this week for a consult and most likely schedule a time to remove his gall bladder. Never a dull moment around here I tell you!

After a long day, I did cook dinner and then immediately went to see if I could manage a run and hoping like heck my leg would not hurt today. That hope was short lived when I got clear on the other side of the block and ended up in tears again after only attempting to run for 2 minutes. I managed to hobble back home for a total "walk" of .6 miles. By the time I got home, I could not even put pressure on my foot. I will be the first to tell you I do not tolerate pain very well, but this was hurting. All I could think is "How am I supposed to run 13 miles when I can't even run for 2 minutes?!?" I assume I am just doing something wrong and once I can get with my coach/trainer or a doctor, perhaps I can correct my issue and get on with training. One can only hope. I am not giving up at this point!!

No comments:

Post a Comment