Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 4 - Busy Day.


Happy early Birthday Mom! Today was my monthly Stamp Camp where I teach local ladies how to make various greeting cards and notecards. Since my mom's birthday is coming up this Tuesday the ladies all brought handmade cards for her and we had pizza and ice cream cake and had a wonderful time.

After class I headed out to the local sports stores trying to find some appropriate running gear. Did you know that stuff is expensive??? Well, it is. However, some of it I can't do without if I am going to be able to run safely for long distance, so I guess I'll start saving up to buy a few things. Found the most comfy shoes today so I'll defintely be going back to get those soon!

Anyhoo - when I got back from shopping I figured I might as well get my training in for today. That was kind of a mistake since it was 4:30 and still pretty warm outside, but I managed pretty well. I actually ended up doing the exact same walk/run I did on Thursday and managed to get in 1.2 miles in exactly 21 minutes ago with running yet again for about 3 1/2 minutes. Calves still burning but the burn does not seem to last as long so I guess that is good news. Going to maintain 1.2 to 1.8 miles all week and simply try to increase the amount of time I can manage to run.

That's it for tonight. Getting ready to snuggle down and hopefully fit in a movie before I crash for the evening.

Thanks for checking in on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment