Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 8 - Trying out the new shoes!

Got my shoes today and headed out for my first run in them! Aren't they cute?!? Jeffrey had a ballgame tonight so I figured I'd let them drive up and I'd meet them there eventually. Once again, it was 1.8 miles and I made it in 30 minutes, 1 minute less than last week I believe. Not sure how that worked, since I actually ran 10 minutes of the 30 minutes when last week I only ran 4 minutes. My walking must be slowing down since I am increasing my running time perhaps....who knows. I am more interested in increasing the time frame that I can run and not my actual time of reaching my goal, so I guess I did accomplish that. I have only been able to run 3-4 minutes during each "run" this week so tonight being able to run for 10 minutes at 1 minute intervals was a huge accomplishment for me. I'm happy with it.

In addition to my training today, I was able to secure Sticky Fingers for a "Helping Hands" night. It is scheduled for Thursday, June 24 and anyone that goes to Sticky Fingers in Summerville on that day and tells them they are there in support of the Leukemia Society, I will get 10% of the total sale! So.....put on your calendars to plan on eating at Sticky Fingers that day - - lunch or dinner!!! That even works for take out so you can simply grab some grub on the way home and eat in the convenience of your own home and still support the cause. I'll be reminding everyone when the date gets closer!

Thanks for all your support!
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment