Thursday, May 14, 2009

Somewhere over the rainbow.......



Well, after 3 hours of making icing til 1:00 in the morning on Tuesday night and having to talk myself into not quiting the class before I even made my first cake, here is my finished product.......my very first decorated cake from class. It's not perfect and yes, I know, the name is not centered, but I still don't think it's too bad for my first cake!

Since Jessica ended up with some nasty flu the entire week of her 16th birthday and had to sleep through her party while her friends were outside in the pool having fun, I went ahead and decided to make this her second 16th birthday cake. I mean, she didnt even get a taste of the one I had professionally made for the party, so I figure this is the second best thing. She has not saw it yet so I hope she likes it. No, she doesn't really "like" rainbows, but this was the design we had to make for class, so she is getting a rainbow!

No comments:

Post a Comment