Thursday, April 30, 2009

Why is "16" called Sweet???



Today is my baby girl's "Sweet Sixteen" Birthday! In preparing for all the festivities this week and weekend for her special day, I started thinking why do they call it "Sweet" Sixteen? How many teenagers do you know that you can really refer to as "Sweet". Yeah, they can all be sweet at certain times, like mainly when they want something, but for the most part when describing the everyday life of a teenager, "Sweet" simply does not come to mind. Maybe it is to remind us that 16 years ago to this day, they were the sweetest thing in the world, although during those 12 hours of labor "sweet" once again was not coming to the forefront of my mind.

Well, although she is not sweet 100% of the time, my baby can be sweet at times and I love her. Happy Birthday Baby Girl!! Hope you have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment