Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Twice "Baked" Potatoes

Well, yesterday was our 4 year wedding anniversary.  Since a weeknight and not payday yet, we decided to put off a "date night" until the weekend and just stayed at home with daughter and new grandbaby.  I figured dinner should be more than a frozen pizza or hot dogs tonight, so I went through the pantry to see what I had I could try and -  lo and behold I had some red potatoes raising their little hands to be used, so tried a new recipe and boy am I glad I did!  I swear these little suckers tasted like something I cooked on for hours and something you would find in a fancy-shmancy restaurant! But they are EASY and FAST!

Ingredient List:

Size B Red Potatoes (these are the smaller mid size potatoes, kind of around size of an egg)
Tastefully Simple Onion Onion Seasoning Blend
3 T mayonnaise
3 T sour cream
4 oz shredded mozzarella
2 oz shredded parmesan
Tastefully Simple Bacon Bacon


First thing you are going to do is cut your potatoes in half crosswise.  Then using a melon baller or spoon, scoop out a small well in the potato (about 1/2" deep) and line potatoes up in pan (see picture below)  I used Pampered Chef's Small Ridged Baker. Since these are made in the microwave, be sure to use a pan small enough to fit your microwave and spin while in there.



Sprinkle potatoes with a little Onion Onion and then cover with parchment paper and microwave 9-12 minutes until potatoes are done (Soft when poked with a knife tip).

While potatoes are cooking, mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, cheeses and 1 1/2 TBSP of Onion Onion.  When potatoes are done you are going to fill each well with the filling.



Recover potatoes with parchment paper and microwave for an additional  1-2 minutes to get cheese all melty and warm.

Remove potatoes and sprinkle with Bacon Bacon.  I would also sprinkle these with some chopped green onion but my bare fridge did not have any to use last night.



And Enjoy!

Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment