Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Bacon Cheddar Chicken Salad (and Beer Bread!)

Because I am always on the go and there is always someone else looking in the fridge for something to eat, the other day I decided to put together a large batch of chicken salad to keep on hand for those "refrigerator grazers" - you know the ones!   This chicken salad has become a popular treat in my house and I hope you will enjoy it too!

Ingredients:

2 T Tastefully Simple Bacon Bacon
1 1/2 c. Mayonnaise (hubby prefers Miracle Whip when I make it just for him)
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
2 cups cooked, diced chicken breast (I use canned chicken to make this up in a jiffy - sometimes use 3 cups)
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
Green Onion, sliced

Simply combine all ingredients, mix well and chill.  Spread on your favorite bread or simply enjoy with crackers or celery sticks for a nutritious snack! 

Our family particularly likes it served on Tastefully Simple Beer Bread.  To make a more "sturdier" bread for sandwiches, I simply add 2 eggs to the mix before baking.  As you can tell from the picture below, someone could not even finish making their sandwich before taking a bite! Yummo.......


Enjoy!

Tina

If you would like to order any Tastefully Simple products or see what others products there are available in that product line, please feel free to go over to www.tastefullysimple.com/web/jrucker.  Or, if you would like, please feel free to come join the fun on my family's facebook business page for more recipes, tips, giveaways and more!


No comments:

Post a Comment