Tuesday, July 30, 2013

PRODUCT REVIEW: Microwave Pasta Boat

Well, it's Tuesday!  How is everyone's week going so far?  I could use a do-over but no since in wishing for that so we will just plug along as always.

Today I wanted to share with you a product that I stumbled across that is WONDERFUL!  It is one of those "As Seen On TV" items that you always wonder if it works or not.....well it DOES!  And if you know me, you know I am picky about things so when I say this works, it works!



It claims to make "Perfect Pasta Everytime" and so far for me it has!  You can make all kinds of pasta in it, not just spaghetti noodles.  It also comes with a little steaming rack to steam veggies, but I have never used it.  You simply throw your pasta in the pot, fill with water to the line indicated (depending on amount of servings you want to cook) and slap that puppy in the microwave and in about 20 minutes you have perfectly cooked pasta! I saw on some reviews that people said 20 minutes is too long to wait for pasta, but I don't know about you - but it normally took me a good 5-10 minutes to boil my water and then another 10 minutes to cook my pasta which by my calculator took about 20 minutes that way as well.  This way I simply throw it in the pot, put in microwave and walk away and forget about it. Works for me!

The handles on the side even allow you to measure your regular spaghetti noodles to determine how many servings you are cooking if you are not cooking an entire box.  I have cooked spaghetti noodles, elbow noodles and penne and all have turned out perfect based on the time it tells you in the little instruction book to cook it. 

If you are looking for a quick and easy way to cook pasta and not heat up your stovetop, I would give this a whirl!

DISCLAIMER:  I was not given any product by any company to review for free or otherwise.  I purchased this item on my own and liked it, so thought I would share with everyone else that may be in the market for such a thing or wondered if it worked.

Have a great Tuesday and rest of the week!

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment