Thursday, October 29, 2009

Turkey Nuggets - Kids Craft

Good morning!! I have another post to share with you today that is for the kids. I will warn you the photo I have is horrible since I had to take it with my cell phone in order to get it posted this morning, but I will try to get a better picture and post in the next couple of days when I can get home before dark so I have some good lighting to take it with.




This is definitely a children's project - nothing fancy about it - but something I thought some of you would like to make with your children for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday as I have had a couple of request for crafts that smaller children can do.

This little turkey would probably look a little more "substantial" if you used a Hershey Nugget candy bar rather than a mini-hershey bar, but I had to use what I had on hand! The Nugget's are just a little taller and would give a little better support to the head and tail feathers. Another cuter addition would be to use the tiny little googley eyes that you can find at any craft store. I only had really big googley eyes so I had to improvise with just hole punched paper.

The supplies you will need to make this little guy is Stampin' Up!s Scalloped Circle Punch (Item 109043) $15.95 and the 1" circle punch (Item No. 109046) $10.95. Then of course a candy bar of your choice along with various "turkey color" cardstocks. In my sample, for his body I used Chocolate Chip Patterned Designer Paper, along with Yoyo Yellow and Pumpkin Pie cardstock for the feathers. His little face was a circle from Creamy Caramel Cardstock and then his beak is simply a 1/2" square of Yoyo yellow cardstock folded in half.

I got this idea from another SU! demonostrators blog, Kimberley Morris . Her little flock of turkeys are very cute and have a much better photo if you would like to check hers out. She used the googley eyes which also makes the turkeys much more cuter. Once I get to the store to buy some of those little eyes and some Nugget bars, I will certainly make a much more proper turkey to post, but wanted to share this idea with you this morning while it was hot on the brain!

Make it a great day!

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for Oct. 30. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so clever Tina. Super cute. Thank you for sharing.

    Injoy Stampin',
    Robyn
    www.injoystampin.com

    ReplyDelete