Friday, September 27, 2013

PRODUCT REVIEW: Annie's Homegrown Macaroni & Cheese

I was sent a cup of Annie's Homegrown Real Aged Cheddar Macaroni & Cheese microwaveable cups to try out and test by Influenster on behalf of Annie's Homegrown.  When I first opened my box of goodies to try and saw this product, I was like "Oh no, that is not going to be good."  The reason I said that is because I am not one to eat "microwaveable meals" nor am I know to eat "organic" or any other "healthy food" for the most part.  LOL But, I had a job to do it and I was going to do it well!

So, I took this little cup to work for my lunch this week to give it a try.  It probably didn't hurt it had that cute little bunny starting at me on the package, you know I am a sucker for furry, four legged cute creatures to plug me along.

Anyhoo - more about the product.  It was easy to make, simply tear off the plastic cover, remove the packet of cheese mx and fill with cold water to the "fill line" . . . didn't even need a measuring cup to measure my water, how easy is that!?  Then mix it up well....this is where I started getting more worried because the water looked a little "grey".  Well after reading the package I realized these were "wheat" and "organic" noodles which probably is what resulted in that appearance.  I plugged forward and heating it up as directed for two minutes.  When the microwave buzzed, I added the cheese mix and stirred and let it sit for another minute so the cheese could melt and get all ooey- gooey and then I went for it.   And............surprise............. it was actually pretty darn good!

The cheese melted all nicely, not clumpy or "powerdy" tasting.  It actually had a really nice "butter flavor" which I actually loved.  It was just the perfect size for a nice small lunch or snack.  I will definitely try them again.  I am thinking the kids would really like the White cheddar flavor.

Have you tried it?  Leave a comment below if so and let us know what you thought!


(NOTE: Providing this product by Influenster in no way, shape, or form swayed me in my review of this product.)

No comments:

Post a Comment