Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring has arrived!

Wow! Been about six weeks since the last time I was on here. Once again, time flies when you are having fun! Have not been doing much that I can update everyone on, although I know I have been busy the last six weeks hence why I have not been on here, just can't seem to think of anything exciting that has been going on.

Let's see.....where to begin. Since the last post we have had Mammaw's birthday, I got my eyeglasses, Jessica was accepted into Cosmetology School which will start in September, and Jeffrey has began baseball practice with Opening Ceremonies coming up on March 28. This past weekend we attended Donald and Terri's 40th Wedding Anniversary party which was a fun and very emotionally moving time for everyone there.

Jessica will be "Sweet 16" in April. Not so sure about the "sweet" part, but 16 nonetheless, so we are starting to make plans for that event.

I have finally been able to get my scrapbooking and card making classes back up and running and will have more to post on those this week. Already have one scrapbook class scheduled for later in April and will be posting information on an upcoming card class as well. Stay tuned for that.....

My main focus in life has once again returned to becoming the Coupon Queen! This past weekend I started my adventure of "frugaling" and did pretty well I must say for just getting back into the swing of things. I was able to pick up $68 worth of groceries and household items for just under $28 after combining sales and coupons together, so that was more than a 50% savings. I was very excited even if the rest of my family was not impressed.... Kmart is doubling coupons up to $4.00 this week so I am expecting "big plans and big savings" there this week - can you say the word F-R-E-E-B-I-E-S! Saving money is good, but getting things absolutely free is even better! Wish me luck and stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment