Thursday, January 2, 2014

Sorry for the loss of your best friend........

How is everyone doing here on the 2nd day of the New Year?  Kept (or broke) any New Year Resolutions yet?

I wanted to keep on my "roll" of creating (two days in a row - new record pretty much!) so I went over to My Favorite Things for their weekly sketch challenge to get some inspiration.  Lucky for me, it was a rather basic sketch that would work for any kind of card, and a sketch that I will likely turn to again and again.  Here is the sketch they gave:




Since I have had the fear of losing a dear pet of mine weighing heavy on my heart the last few weeks, I decided I would do a Pet Sympathy card tonight.  Luckily, my "Karma Sue" has hung in there and seems to be improving somewhat.  However, I am sure there are others out there that treat their pets as family members as well, and when they do lose a pet would appreciate receiving a note of comfort.     This is what I came up with:

 
 
The sentiment at the bottom corner reads "a dog wags its tail with its heart".  I stamped the dog as to be "fading off" the page, but showing that a dog will wag his tail to the very end.   The inside of the card simply reads "So sorry for the loss of your best friend." .  I have provided an "ingredient list" at the bottom of the page of the materials used in making the card.  It is very simple, but sweet card I think.

Ingredient List:

Cardstock:  Stampin Up! Very Vanilla and Chocolate Chip
Designer paper: Paper Adventures "Susie Muise Paw Print on Pink
Inks: Stampin Up! Basic Brown
Stamps: Stampin Up! D is for Dog

Happy Crafting!

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment