Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I'm back.......

I did it again! Went over 6 weeks without updating this blog. I have no excuse other than the fact that there is simply not enough hours in my day.

Last time I posted here, I was getting ready to go on The Carnival Dream for mine and my husband's one year anniversary. We had a BLAST! It was so nice to be able to spend an entire week together with no day to day obligations.

I did take all my running clothes and shoes and had all intentions of continuing my training while on board - that lasted one night. It got rather boring running around a little lap which required you to run around it like 15 times to equal a mile. After one mile, I gave up.

Since I returned from the cruise, I have traveled a few times out of town over weekends which has cut into my training as well. However, as of today, I have less than 4 weeks to get ready for this race. Two weeks ago I did manage a 7 mile walk/run and lived to tell the tale! Since then though have only managed 2 miles here and there. This weekend we are set to walk/run 10 miles!!! Hopefully my legs will cooperate.

Will try my best to keep up with this and update you on these last few weeks of training and how the actual race day goes. It is Saturday, October 2nd down in Orlando. Getting excited, but nervous as well.

Hope everyone enjoyed their Labor Day weekend!

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment