Thursday, September 30, 2010

Disney and Race Bound!!

Well - it's about that time!!! Above you will see the back side of my race jersey for this weekend's Half Marthon being at Disney's complex during the "Disney Wine and Dine Festival". The ribbons have the names of my "heroes" that I am running for. They have all either lost their fight to Leukemia, Lymphoma and/or Hodgkins disease, are fighting now or are currently in remission. I hope to be able to get all these heroes to the finish line.

I am just about packed and ready to head out the door to get down to Florida. I am arriving a day before the actual race so I can attend the Sports Expo and pick up my registration packet with my bib number, etc. It is all seeming a little overwhelming at this point but I am getting excited to attend this event with the 1000s of other people participating as well.

Thanks again to everyone that has supported me in this endeavor. Whether you supported me by making a donation to the Leukemia Society, with your thoughts and/or prayers to get me through this. I may or may not make it to that finish line before the end of the race, but I know I have done what I could do to this point and will give it my best shot on Saturday evening! This is Disney's first time "Night race". We actually dont even start the race until 10:00 p.m. and have until 1:30 a.m. to get to that finish line. Keep your fingers crossed - I know mine will be!!!

I'll keep you posted as to how it turns out.

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment